Welcome to the Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Our mission: Determine the potential of Alaskan land for production of metals, minerals, fuels, and geothermal resources, the locations and supplies of groundwater and construction material, and the potential geologic hazards to buildings, roads, bridges, and other installations and structures (AS 41.08.020).
- DGGS is soliciting qualified vendors to acquire and process airborne geophysical data over parts of selected mining districts in southcentral and interior Alaska. The Request for Proposals (RFP) is posted on the State's Online Public Notice site.
- New release! Surficial-geologic map of the Livengood area, Central Alaska - RI 2013-2
- New release! Using WorldView-2 multispectral bands for shallow water bathymetric survey near Wales, Alaska (poster): American Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing Annual Meeting, Baltimore, Maryland, March 24-28, 2013 - Smith, J.R. and others, 2013
- New release! Mercury injection capillary pressure results from outcrop samples in the Indecision Creek Member of the Naknek Formation and the Kaguyak Formation type section - RDF 2013-1
- New release! Oil-stained sandstones of the Upper Jurassic Naknek Formation and Upper Cretaceous Kaguyak Formation, Kamishak Bay area, lower Cook Inlet, Alaska (poster): AAPG Pacific Section Meeting, Monterey, CA, April 23, 2013 - Herriott, T.M. and others, 2013
- New release! Total organic carbon and rock-eval pyrolysis of core and core chips from the OCS Y-0280 Anteres #1, Badami #1, Fiord #1, and W Kuparuk St. #3-11-11 wells - GMC 416
Publications quick links search...
SR 66Swenson, R.F., Wartes, M.A., LePain, D.L., and Clough, J.G., 2012, Fossil fuel and geothermal energy sources for local use in Alaska: Summary of available information: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Special Report 66, 144 p., 2 sheets, scale 1:3,700,000.
AR 2012 DGGS Staff, 2013, Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Annual Report: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Annual Report 2012, 80 p.
GB 9 Walker, D.A., Hamilton, T.D., Ping, C.L., Daanen, R.P., and Streever, W.W., 2009, Dalton Highway Field Trip Guide for the Ninth International Conference on Permafrost: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Guidebook 9, 104 p.
PR 122 Dashevsky, S.S., Schaefer, C.F., and Hunter, E.N., 2003, Bedrock geologic map of the Delta mineral belt, Tok mining district, Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Professional Report 122, 122 p., 2 sheets, scale 1:63,360.
RI 2009-4 Hamilton, T.D. and Klieforth, R.F., 2010, Surficial geologic map of parts of the Iliamna D-6 and D-7 quadrangles, Pebble project area, southwestern Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Report of Investigation 2009-4, 19 p., 1 sheet, scale 1:50,000.
NL 2010-1 Hubbard, T.D. and Reger, R.D., 2010, Evidence for late Wisconsinan outburst floods in the Tok-Tanacross basin, upper Tanana River valley, east-central Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Newsletter 2010-1, 9 p.
RI 2009-2 Reifenstuhl, R.R., Newberry, R.J., Haug, S.A., Clautice, K.H., Liss, S.A., and Weber, F.R., 2009, Chert geochemistry discriminant analysis and K-means cluster analysis: Rampart project area, Tanana B-1 Quadrangle, east-central Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Report of Investigation 2009-2, 16 p.
RI 2004-3 Beget, J.E., Larsen, J.F., Neal, C.A., Nye, C.J., and Schaefer, J.R., 2005, Preliminary volcano-hazard assessment for Okmok Volcano, Umnak Island, Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Report of Investigation 2004-3, 32 p., 1 sheet, scale 1:150,000.