Welcome to the Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Our mission: Determine the potential of Alaskan land for production of metals, minerals, fuels, and geothermal resources, the locations and supplies of groundwater and construction material, and the potential geologic hazards to buildings, roads, bridges, and other installations and structures (AS 41.08.020).
- New release! Geochemical major-oxide, minor-oxide, trace-element, and rare-earth-element data from rock samples collected in 2013 in the Ray Mountains area, Bettles A-1 and A-6 quadrangles, Alaska - RDF 2014-17
- New release! Zircon U-Pb age data, Alaska Highway Corridor, Tanacross and Nabesna quadrangles, Alaska - RDF 2014-16
- New release! Contemporary shoreline retreat rates at Meshik in Port Heiden, Alaska - PIR 2014-4
- New release! Tsunami inundation maps of Cordova and Tatitlek, Alaska - RI 2014-1
- New release! Engineering-geologic map of the Dalton Highway from Galbraith Lake to Slope Mountain, southern Arctic Foothills, Alaska - PIR 2002-3
- New release! Farewell survey area: Airborne magnetic, electromagnetic and radiometric data in line (point), grid, vector, and map formats, McGrath and Lime Hills quadrangles, south-central Alaska - GPR 2014-2. Learn more (DNR Media release)...
- New release! Analyses of historic U.S. Bureau of Mines samples for geochemical trace-element and rare-earth-element data from Kook Lake, Sitka Quadrangle, Alaska - RDF 2014-15
- New release! Analyses of historic U.S. Bureau of Mines samples for geochemical trace-element and rare-earth-element data from the VABM Bend area, Charley River and Eagle quadrangles, east-central Alaska - RDF 2014-14