USGS OF 51-29
Title:The Blashke Island ultrabasic complex with notes on related areas in southeastern Alaska
Authors:Walton, M.S., Jr.
Publisher:U.S. Geological Survey
Ordering Info:USGS Publications Warehouse
Walton, M.S., Jr., 1951, The Blashke Island ultrabasic complex with notes on related areas in southeastern Alaska: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 51-29, 266 p., 8 sheets, scale 1 inch = 1000 feet.
- of51-0029.pdf (11.0 M)
Maps & Other Oversized Sheets
- Plate 1 Geologic map of the Blashke Islands, southeastern Alaska, scale 1:13,714 (1.5 M)
- Figure 2 Generalized geologic map showing the distribution of plutonic rocks in western Canada and Alaska (855.0 K)
- Figure 8 Relationship of composition of olivine to distance inward or outward from dunite-augitite contact, Blashke Island complex (406.0 K)
- Figure 9 Chemical composition of augite in the Blashke Island complex in terms of the atomic percentages of Mg, Ca, and Fe, as determined from optical properties (517.0 K)
- Figure 10 Composition of augite in various rock types of Blashke Island complex (649.0 K)
- Figure 14 Relationship of state of oxidization of iron to extent of serpentinization in peridotite (366.0 K)
- Figure 18 Geologic and topographic sketch map of the Kane Peak ultrabasic area, Kupreanof Island, southeastern Alaska (989.0 K)
- Table 2 Modes, norms and chemical analyses, scale 1 inch = 1000 feet (1.5 M)