USGS C 945
Title:The United States Geological Survey in Alaska; accomplishments during 1983
Authors:Bartsch-Winkler, S.R. and Reed, K.M.
Publisher:U.S. Geological Survey
Comments:The list of articles below is incomplete. The titles shown are cited in DGGS products. Maps are included in the text report.
Ordering Info:USGS Publications Warehouse
Bartsch-Winkler, S.R. and Reed, K.M., 1985, The United States Geological Survey in Alaska; accomplishments during 1983: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 945, 107 p.
- c-0945.pdf (8.8 M)
- Nilsen, T.H., Brosge, W.P., and Dutro, J.T., 1985, New reference section of the Noatak Sandstone, Nimiuktuk River, Misheguk Mountain quadrangle, central Brooks Range, p. 10-12.
- Dillon, J.T., Patton, W.W., Mukasa, S.B., Tilton, G.R., Blum, Joel, and Moll, E.J., 1985, New radiometric evidence for the age and thermal history of the metamorphic rocks of the Ruby and Nixon Fork terranes, west-central Alaska, p. 13-17.
- Dumoulin, J.A. and Till, A.B., 1985, Seacliff exposures of metamorphosed carbonate and schist, northern Seward Peninsula, p. 18-21.
- Kaufman, D.S., 1985, Windy Creek and Crater Creek faults, Seward Peninsula, p. 22-23.
- Dover, J.H. and Miyaoka, R.T., 1985, Major rock packages of the Ray Mountains, Tanana and Bettles quadrangles, p. 32-35.
- Jones, G.M., Menzie, W.D., and Foster, H.L., 1985, Statistical discrimination between potential tin- and uranium-bearing areas in east-central Alaska on the basis of stream-sediment trace-element geochemistry, p. 40-45.
- Loney, R.A. and Himmelberg, G.R., 1985, Distribution and character of the periodotite-layered gabbro complex of the southeastern Yukon - Koyukuk ophiolite belt, p. 46-48.
- Detterman, R.L. and Miller, J.W., 1985, Kaguyak Formation - an upper Cretaceous flysch deposit, p. 49-50.
- Wilson, F.H., Case, J.E., and Detterman, R.L., 1985, Preliminary description of a Miocene zone of structural complexity, Port Moller and Stepovak Bay quadrangles, p. 55-56.
- Yount, M.E., Miller, T.P., Emanuel, R.P., and Wilson, F.H., 1985, Eruption in an ice-filled caldera, Mount Veniaminof, Alaska Peninsula, p. 59-60.
- Yount, M.E., Wilson, F.H., and Miller, J.W., 1985, Newly discovered Holocene volcanic vents, Port Moller and Stepovak Bay quadrangles, p. 60-61.
- Barnes, D.F. and Csejtey, Bela, 1985, Strong magnetic and gravity contrasts across the Talkeetna, Totschunda, and Eureka Creek faults versus the lesser geophysical expression of the Denali fault and its strands: a geological puzzle for TACT program, p. 65-67.
- Nokleberg, W.J. and Lange, I.M., 1985, Volcanogenic massive sulfide occurrences, Jarvis Creek Glacier terrane, western Mount Hayes quadrangle, eastern Alaska Range, p. 77-79.
- Page, R.A., Stephens, C.D., Fogleman, K.A., and Maley, R.P., 1985, The Columbia Bay earthquakes of 1983, p. 80-81.
- Stephens, C.D., Fogleman, K.A., Page, R.A., and Lahr, J.C., 1985, Seismicity in southern Alaska, October 1982 - September 1983, p. 83-85.
- Brew, D.A., Karl, S.M., and Tobey, E.F., 1985, Re-interpretation of the age of the Kuiu-Etolin belt volcanic rocks, Kupreanof Island, southeastern Alaska, p. 86-87.
- Erdman, J.A. and Motooka, J.M., 1985, Biogeochemical response at the Greens Creek massive sulfide deposit, Admiralty Island, p. 88-90.
- Stowell, Harold, 1985, Sphalerite geobarometry in the Coast Range megalineament zone near Holkham Bay, southeastern Alaska, p. 96-98.
- Smith, Peggy, 1985, Late Quaternary geology of the Beaufort Sea inner shelf near Prudhoe Bay, p. 100-103.