USGS C 844
Title:The United States Geological Survey in Alaska; accomplishments during 1980
Authors:Coonrad, W.L., ed.
Publisher:U.S. Geological Survey
Comments:The list of articles below is incomplete. The titles shown are cited in DGGS products. Maps are included in the text report.
Ordering Info:USGS Publications Warehouse
Coonrad, W.L., ed., 1982, The United States Geological Survey in Alaska; accomplishments during 1980: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 844, 178 p.
- c-0844.pdf (95.0 M)
- Mayfield, C.F., Silberman, M.L., and Tailleur, I.L., 1982, Precambrian metamorphic rocks from the Hub Mountain terrane, Baird Mountains quadrangle, Alaska, p. 18-21.
- Frank, C.O., and Zimmerman, Jay, 1982, Petrography of nonultramafic rocks from the Avan Hills complex, De Long Mountains, Alaska, p. 22-26.
- Ellersieck, I.F., Jansons, Uldis, Mayfield, C.F., and Tailleur, I.L., 1982, The Story Creek and Whoopee Creek lead-zinc-silver occurrences, western Brooks Range, Alaska, p. 35-27.
- Huffman, A.C., Kirk, A.R., and Molenaar, C.M., 1982, Uranium investigations - northeastern Alaska, p. 41-42.
- Blanchard, D.C., and Tailleur, I.L., 1982, Preliminary geothermal isograd map, NPRA, p. 46-47.
- Carter, L.D., and Galloway, J.P., 1982, Terraces of the Colville River delta region, Alaska, p. 49-50.
- Churkin, Csejtey, Jr., Trexler, J.H., Jr., and Carter, Claire, 1982, Graptolites discovered in the Woodchopper Volcanics, p. 53-55.
- Cushing, G.W., Foster, H.L., Laird, Jo, and Burack, A.C., 1982, Description and preliminary interpretation of folds and faults in a small area in the Circle B-4 and B-5 quadrangles, Alaska, p. 56-57.
- Weber, F.R., 1982, Two new tephra localities in the Yukon-Tanana upland, p. 61-62.
- Foster, H.L., and O'Leary, R.M., 1982, Gold found in bedrock of Lost Chicken Creek gold placer mine, Fortymile area, Alaska, p. 62-63.
- Ager, T.A., 1982, Pollen studies of Quaternary-age sediments in the Tanana Valley, Alaska, p. 64-66.
- Chapman, R.M., Patton, W.W., Jr., and Moll, E.J., 1982, Preliminary summary of the geology in eastern part of Ophir quadrangle, p. 70-62.
- Moll, E.J., and Patton, W.W., Jr., 1982, Preliminary report on the Late Cretaceous and Early Tertiary volcanic and related plutonic rocks in western Alaska, p. 73-75.
- Patton, W.W., Jr., and Moll, E.J., 1982, Structural and stratigraphic sections along a transect between Alaska Range and Norton Sound, p. 76-77.
- Wilson, F.H., and Shew, Nora, 1982, Preliminary results of potassium-argon age determinations from the Ugashik quadrangle, Alaska Peninsula, p. 86-87.
- Silberling, N.J., Wardlaw, B.R., and Berg, H.C., 1982, New paleontologic age determinations from the Taku terrane, Ketchikan area, southeastern Alaska, p. 117-118.
- Decker, J.E., and Plafker, George, 1982, Correlation of rocks in the Tarr Inlet suture zone with the Kelp Bay Group, p. 119-123.
- Karl, S.M., Decker, J.E., and Johnson, B.R., 1982, Discrimination of Wrangellia and the Chugach terrane in the Kelp Bay Group on Chichagof and Baranof Islands, southeastern Alaska, p. 124-127.
- Hudson, Travis, Plafker, George, and Dixon, Kirk, 1982, Horizontal offset history of the Chatham Strait fault, p. 128-131.
- Hudson, Travis, Dixon, Kirk, and Plafker, George, 1982, Regional uplift in southeastern Alaska, p. 132-134.
- Carlson, P.R., Karl, H.A., Johnson, K.A., and Fischer, J.M., 1982, Submarine canyons flanking Navarin Basin, Bering Sea, p. 139-140.
- Brouwers, E.M., 1982, Preliminary report on ostracode assemblages from the northeast Gulf of Alaska continental shelf, p. 151-153.