USGS C 823-B
Title:The United States Geological Survey in Alaska; accomplishments during 1979
Authors:Albert, N.R.D. and Hudson, Travis
Publisher:U.S. Geological Survey
Comments:The list of articles below is incomplete. The titles shown are cited in DGGS products. Maps are included in the text report.
Ordering Info:USGS Publications Warehouse
Albert, N.R.D. and Hudson, Travis, 1981, The United States Geological Survey in Alaska; accomplishments during 1979: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 823-B, p. B1-B151.
- c-0823b.pdf (14.0 M)
- Carter, L.D. and Robinson, S.W., 1981, Minimum age of beach deposits north of Teshekpuk Lake, Alaskan Arctic Coastal Plain, p. B8-B9.
- Chapman, R.M. and Yeend, Warren, 1981, Geologic reconnaissance of the east half of Kantishna River quadrangle and adjacent areas, p. B30-B31.
- Miller, T.P. and Lanphere, M.A., 1981, K-Ar measurements of obsidian from the Little Indian River locality in interior Alaska, p. B39-B41.
- Hoare, J.M. and Jones, D.L., 1981, Lower Paleozoic radiolarian chert and associated rocks in the Tikchik Lakes area, southwestern Alaska, p. B44-B45.
- Jones, D.L., Silberling, N.J., Wardlaw, Bruce, and Richter, Don, 1981, Revised ages of Paleozoic and Mesozoic rocks in the Talkeetna quadrangle, south-central Alaska, p. B46-B48.
- Coney, P.J., Silberling, N.J., Jones, D.L., and Richter, D.H., 1981, Structural relations along the leading edge of the Wrangellia terrane in the Clearwater Mountains, Alaska, p. B56-B57.
- Silberling, N.J., Richter, D.H., and Jones, D.L., 1981, Recognition of the Wrangellia terrane in the Clearwater Mountains and vicinity, south-central Alaska, p. B64-B65.
- Winkler, G.R., Miller, R.J., and Case, J.E., 1981, Blocks and belts of blueschist and greenschist in the northwestern Valdez quadrangle, p. B72-B73.
- Williams, J.R. and Johnson, K.M., 1981, Surficial deposits of the Valdez quadrangle, Alaska, p. B76-B77.
- Williams, J.R. and Coulter, H.W., 1981, Deglaciation and sea-level fluctuations in Port Valdez, Alaska, p. B78-B80.
- Ford, A.B. and Brew, D.A., 1981, Orthogneiss of Mount Juneau - an early phase of coast mountains plutonism involved in Barrovian regional metamorphism near Juneau, p. B99-B101.
- Berg, H.C., 1981, Upper Triassic volcanogenic massive-sulfide metallogenic province identified in southeastern Alaska, p. B104-B107.
- Brew, D.A., Sonnevil, R.A., Hunt, Susan, and Ford, A.B., 1981, Newly recognized alkali granite stock, southwestern Kupreanof Island, Alaska, p. B108-B109.
- Jones, D.L., Berg, H.C., Coney, Peter, and Harris, A.G., 1981, Structural and stratigraphic significance of Upper Devonian and Mississippian fossils from the Cannery Formation, Kupreanof Island, southeastern Alaska, p. B109-B111.
- Sonnevil, R.A., 1981, The Chilkat - Prince of Wales plutonic province, southeastern Alaska, p. B112-B114.
- Elliott, R.L., Koch, R.D., and Robinson, R.L., 1981, Age of basalt flows in the Blue River valley, Bradfield Canal quadrangle, p. B115-B116.
- Sonnevil, R.A., 1981, New data concerning the geology of the North Bradfield River iron prospect, southeastern Alaska, p. B117.
- Whitney, J.W. and Thurston, D.K., 1981, Geologic constraints for petroleum development of the lower Cook Inlet, Alaska, outer continental shelf lease area, p. B122-B124.
- Molnia, B.F., 1981, Distribution of gas-charged sediment and pockmarks in the northeastern Gulf of Alaska, Yakutat Bay to Cross Sound, p. B125.
- Molnia, B.F., 1981, Depth changes in Icy Bay, Alaska caused by sedimentation and melting of ice-cored moraine, p. B125-B127.
- Quinterno, Paula, Carlson, P.R., and Molnia, B.F., 1981, Benthic foraminifers as indicators of the Pleistocene - Holocene boundary in the eastern Gulf of Alaska, p. B128-B130.
- Rau, W.W., 1981, Unusually diverse and well preserved Eocene foraminifers in dredge samples from the eastern Gulf of Alaska continental shelf, p. B131-B133.