DGGS PDF 90-17
Title:Coal resources of northwest Alaska: final report
Authors:Clough, J.G., and Roe, J.T.
Publisher:Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Ordering Info:Download below or please see our publication sales page for more information.
Quadrangle(s):Ambler River, Baird Mountains, Barrow, Bendeleben, Candle, De Long Mountains, Howard Pass, Kateel River, Kotzebue, Lookout Ridge, Meade River, Misheguk Mountain, Noatak, Nome, Norton Bay, Nulato, Ophir, Point Hope, Point Lay, Saint Lawrence, Saint Michael, Selawik, Shishmaref, Shungnak, Solomon, Teller, Unalakleet, Utukok River, Wainwright
Keyword(s):Coal; Core Logs; Corwin Formation; Cretaceous; Geochemistry; Historic Resources; Kapaloak Formation; Mining; Mississippian; Reconstructions; Resource Assessment; Stratigraphy; Tertiary; Uranium
Clough, J.G., and Roe, J.T., 1990, Coal resources of northwest Alaska: final report: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Public Data File 90-17, 65 p., 10 sheets, scale 1:63,360. doi:10.14509/1451
- pdf1990_017.pdf (2.5 M)
- This publication has been superseded by RI 93-3.
Maps & Other Oversized Sheets
- Plate 1 Location map of coal mines, coal-bearing rocks and State of Alaska 1980-85 drill holes and field investigations, northwestern Alaska, scale 1:1,000,000 (26.0 M)
- Plate 2 Geology and drill hole locations, Cape Beaufort area, Point Lay B-1, B-2, and B-3 quadrangles, Alaska, scale 1:63,360 (16.0 M)
- Plate 3 Geology and drill hole locations, Cape Beaufort area, Point Lay A-2, A-3, and A-4 quadrangles, Alaska, scale 1:63,360 (18.0 M)
- Plate 4 Geology and drill hole locations, Cape Beaufort area, De Long Mountains D-4 Quadrangle, Alaska, scale 1:63,360 (8.4 M)
- Plate 5 Chicago Creek area drill hole locations, scale 1:2,400 (6.0 M)
- Plate 6 Chicago Creek area geologic map and cross sections, scale 1:2,400 (6.6 M)
- Plate 7 Sinuk River drilling project, scale 1:63,360 (5.9 M)
- Plate 8 Koyuk drilling project, scale 1 inch = 25 feet (7.0 M)
- Plate 9 Unalakleet drilling project, scale 1:12,000 (6.3 M)
- Plate 10 St. Lawrence Island drilling project, scale 1:12,000 (8.0 M)