DGGS PR 118
Title:Short notes on Alaska geology 1997
Authors:Clough, J.G. and Larson, Frank, ed.
Publisher:Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Ordering Info:Download below or please see our publication sales page for more information.
Quadrangle(s):Wainwright, Beechey Point, Misheguk Mountain, Teshekpuk, Flaxman Island, Mount McKinley, Talkeetna, Craig, Mount Katmai, Port Moller, Ikpikpuk River, Umiat, De Long Mountains, Solomon, Ruby, Talkeetna Mountains, Point Lay, Lookout Ridge, Bendeleben, Ugashik, Nome, Medfra, Iditarod, McGrath, Anchorage, Alaska General, Barrow, Meade River, Teller, Nulato, Iliamna, Harrison Bay, Utukok River, Mount Michelson, Demarcation Point, Ophir, Naknek, Barter Island, Sagavanirktok, Kantishna River, Sleetmute
Clough, J.G. and Larson, Frank, ed., 1998, Short notes on Alaska geology 1997: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Professional Report 118, 142 p.
- pr118.pdf (8.8 M)
- PR 118AAmato, J.M. and Wright, J.E., 1998, Geochronologic investigations of magmatism and metamorphism within the Kigluaik Mountains gneiss dome, Seward Peninsula, Alaska, p. 1-21.
- PR 118BBaesemann, J.F., Brenckle, P.L., and Gruzlovic, P.D., 1998, Composite standard correlation of the Mississippian-Pennsylvanian (Carboniferous) Lisburne Group from Prudhoe Bay to the Eastern Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, North Slope Alaska, p. 23-36.
- PR 118CBanet, A.C. and Mowatt, T.C., 1998, Enigmatic source of oil from Chucki Sea, northwestern Alaska, p. 37-51.
- PR 118DBlodgett, R.B., 1998, Emsian (Late Early Devonian) fossils indicate a Siberian origin for the Farewell Terrane, p. 53-61.
- PR 118EDecker, P.L., Wilson, G.C., Watts, A.B., and Work, David, 1998, Growth-position petrified trees overlying thick Nanushuk Group coal, Lili Creek, Lookout Ridge Quadrangle, North Slope Alaska, p. 63-70.
- PR 118FLePain, D.L., 1998, Paleotopographic control on deposition of the Lower Kayak Shale, northern Franklin Mountains, Brooks Range, Alaska, p. 71-85.
- PR 118GPaegle, J.S., Layer, P.W., and West, A.W., 1998, Cooling history of the Okpilak Batholith, northeastern Brooks Range, as determined from potassium-feldspar thermochronometry, p. 87-97.
- PR 118HPasch, A.D. and May, K.C., 1998, First occurrence of a Hadrosaur (Dinosauria) from the Matanuska Formation (Turonian) in the Talkeetna Mountains of south-central Alaska, p. 99-109.
- PR 118IReifenstuhl, R.R., Wilson, M.D., and Mull, C.G., 1998, Petrography of the Tingmerkpuk Sandstone (Neocomian), northwestern Brooks Range, Alaska: A preliminary study, p. 111-124.
- PR 118JSavage, N.M. and Soja, C.M., 1998, Lower to Middle Devonian (Latest Esmian to Earliest Eifelian) conodonts from the Alexander Terrane, Southeastern Alaska, p. 125-129.
- PR 118KWartes, M.A. and Reifenstuhl, R.R., 1998, Preliminary petrography and provenance of six Lower Cretaceous sandstones, northwestern Brooks Range, Alaska, p. 131-140.