DGGS GB 7 vol. 1
Title:Bedrock geology of the eastern Koyukuk Basin, central Brooks Range, and east-central Arctic Slope along the Dalton Highway, Yukon River to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska
Authors:Mull, C.G., and Adams, K.E.
Publisher:Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Ordering Info:Download below or please see our publication sales page for more information.
Quadrangle(s):Arctic, Beaver, Beechey Point, Bettles, Chandalar, Chandler Lake, Demarcation Point, Harrison Bay, Howard Pass, Ikpikpuk River, Killik River, Livengood, Lookout Ridge, Mount Michelson, Noatak, Philip Smith Mountains, Point Hope, Point Lay, Sagavanirktok, Table Mountain, Tanana, Umiat, Wiseman
Keyword(s):Age Dates; Alaska Pipeline; Ambler Volcanics; Angayucham Terrane; Angayucham Thrust; Antimony; Arctic Alaska Terrane; Arctic National Wildlife Refuge; Atigun River; Bedrock; Bedrock Geologic Map; Bedrock Geology; Brookian Sequence; Climate; Coquinoid Limestone; Depositional Environment; Doonerak Fenster; Echooka Formation; Economic Geology; Ellesmerian Sequence; Foraminifera; Fortress Mountain Formation; Franklinian Sequence; Generalized; Geology; Geomorphology; Glacial Geology; Glaciation; Gold; Gravity Survey; Historic Resources; Hodzana Pluton; Hunt Fork Shale; Jim River Pluton; Kanayut Conglomerate; Kayak Shale; Kekiktuk Conglomerate; Lisburne Group; Malemute-South Fork Fault; Measured Stratigraphic Section; Metamorphism; Mining; Modal Analysis; Mosquito Terrane; Nanushuk Group; National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska; Noatak Sandstone; Okpikruak Formation; Otuk Formation; Paleocurrent; Paleogeography; Permafrost; Petrography; Petroleum; Petrology; Pingos; Placer; Prudhoe Bay; Reconstructions; Reservoir Model; Road Log; Ruby Terrane; Sadlerochit Group; Sedimentation; Shublik Formation; Siksikpuk Formation; Size Analysis; Stratigraphy; Tectonics; Vegetation; Yukon-Koyukuk Basin
Mull, C.G., and Adams, K.E., 1989, Bedrock geology of the eastern Koyukuk Basin, central Brooks Range, and east-central Arctic Slope along the Dalton Highway, Yukon River to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Guidebook 7 vol. 1, 309 p., 1 sheet, scale 1 inch = 45 miles.
- gb007vol1.pdf (26.0 M)
- GB 7-1Mull, C.G., and Adams, K.E., 1989, Introduction, p. 1-16.
- GB 7-2Dutro, J.T., Jr., 1989, A brief history of eighty years of geological exploration in the central Brooks Range, northern Alaska, p. 17-21.
- GB 7-3Hamilton, T.D., 1989, Glacial geology of the Brooks Range, p. 23-26.
- GB 7-4Patton, W.W., Jr., 1989, Framework geology: Yukon River to Brooks Range, p. 27-30.
- GB 7-5Mull, C.G., 1989, Generalized stratigraphy and structure of the Brooks Range and Arctic Slope, p. 31-46.
- GB 7-6Mull, C.G., 1989, Summary of structural style and history of Brooks Range deformation, p. 47-56.
- GB 7-7Mull, C.G., 1989, Dalton Highway road log, Introduction, p. 57-58.
- GB 7-7APatton, W.W., Jr., Miller, T.P., and Box, S.E., 1989, Dalton Highway road log from Yukon Crossing (Mile 56) to South Fork Koyukuk River (Mile 15.2), p. 59-73.
- GB 7-7BDillon, J.T., Solie, D.N., Decker, J.E., Murphy, J.M., Bakke, A.A., and Huber, J.A., 1989, Road log from South Fork Koyukuk River (Mile 156.2) to Chandalar Shelf (Mile 237.1), p. 74-98.
- GB 7-7CMull, C.G., and Harris, E.E., 1989, Road log from Chandalar Shelf (Mile 237.1) to Prudhoe Bay (Mile 414), p. 101-130.
- GB 7-8Mull, C.G., 1989, History of oil exploration on the Arctic Slope, p. 133-139.
- GB 7-9Mull, C.G., and Opstad, E.A., 1989, The Prudhoe Bay oil field, p. 141-155.
Maps & Other Oversized Sheets
- Sheet 1 Generalized geologic map of the Brooks Range and Arctic Slope, Northern Alaska, scale 1 inch = 45 miles (5.0 M)