DGGS GR 39
Title:Geology and geochemistry of the Cosmos Hills, Ambler River and Shungnak quadrangles, Alaska
Publisher:Alaska Division of Mines and Geology
Ordering Info:This publication is out of print. Reproductions may be available. Download below or please see our publication sales page for more information.
Quadrangle(s):Ambler River, Shungnak
Keyword(s):Alteration Products; Ambler Glaciation; Asbestos; Bedrock; Bedrock Geologic Map; Bedrock Geology; Brachiopods; Chromium; Chrysotile; Cobalt; Conodonts; Copper; Corals; Core Logs; Cretaceous; Crinoids; Crystals; Cymrite; Dahl Creek Fault; Decorative Stone; Depositional Environment; Derivative; Devonian; Economic Geology; Fossils; Garnet; Generalized; Geochemistry; Geology; Geomorphology; Glacial Geology; Gold; Historic Resources; Iron; Isotopes; Jade; Jay Creek Fault; Kobuk Glaciation; Lead; Lynx Creek Fault; Manganese; Metamorphism; Mining; Nickel; Nuggets; Paleontology; Paleozoic; Peridotite; Placer; Production Data; Reconstructions; Silver; Snails; Soapstone; Stratiform; Stratigraphy; Structure; Talc; Tectonics; Tremolite; Wisconsin; Zinc
Fritts, C.E., 1970, Geology and geochemistry of the Cosmos Hills, Ambler River and Shungnak quadrangles, Alaska: Alaska Division of Mines and Geology Geologic Report 39, 63 p., 5 sheets, scale 1:63,360.
- gr039.pdf (4.5 M)
Maps & Other Oversized Sheets
- Table 1 Geochemical analyses of sediments from the Cosmos Hills, Ambler River and Shungnak quadrangles, Alaska (200.0 K)
- Figure 4 Nomenclature and the selected geochemical sample sites in the Cosmos Hills, Alaska, scale 1:63,360 (4.3 M)
- Figure 4A Bedrock geologic map of the Cosmos Hills, Shungnak Mining District, Alaska, scale 1:63,360 (5.8 M)
- Figure 4B Geologic cross sections through the Cosmos Hills, Alaska, scale 1:63,360 (2.7 M)
- Figure 4C Explanation of Figure 4A and 4B (2.5 M)