USGS P 1678
Title:Studies by the U.S. Geological Survey in Alaska, 2001
Authors:Galloway, J.P., ed.
Publisher:U.S. Geological Survey
Ordering Info:USGS Publications Warehouse
Galloway, J.P., ed., 2003, Studies by the U.S. Geological Survey in Alaska, 2001: U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 1678, 204 p.
- p1678.pdf (53.0 M)
- Dusel-Bacon, Cynthia, and Harris, A.G., 2003, New occurrences of Late Paleozoic and Triassic fossils from the Seventymile and Yukon-Tanana terranes, east-central Alaska, with comments on previously published occurrences in the same area, p. 5-30.
- Dusel-Bacon, Cynthia, Mortensen, J.K., and Fredericksen, R.S., 2003, Cretaceous epigenetic base-metal mineralization at the Lead Creek Prospect, eastern Yukon-Tanana Upland, Alaska: Constraints from U-Pb zircon dating and pb-isotopic analyses of sulfides, p. 31-40.
- Dusel-Bacon, Cynthia, Wooden, J.L., and Layer, P.W., 2003, A Cretaceous ion-microprobe U-Pb Zircon age for the West Point orthogneiss: Evidence for another gneiss dome in the Yukon-Tanana Upland, p. 41-60.
- Oliver, D.H., and Dusel-Bacon, Cynthia, 2003, Kinematic analysis from tectonites in the northern part of the Big Delta Quadrangle, east-central Alaska, p. 61-70.
- Amos, K.E., and Cole, R.B., 2003, Tertiary volcanic rocks of the central Talkeetna Mountains, Alaska, p. 71-82.
- O'Neill, J.M., Ridgway, K.D., and Eastham, K.R., 2003, Mesozoic sedimentation and deformation along the Talkeetna thrust fault, south-central Alaska--New Insights and their regional tectonic tignificance, p. 83-92.
- Schmidt, J.M., and Gamble, B.M., 2003, The Clark Bar Prospect: Granite-hosted Sn-Mo-Ag mineralization in the northern Talkeetna Mountains, southern Alaska, p. 93-104.
- Blodgett, R.B., Rohr, D.M., Karl, S.M., and Baichtal, J.F., 2003, Early Middle Devonian (Eifelian) Gastropods from the Wadleigh Limestone in the Alexander terrane of Southeastern Alaska demonstrate biogeographic affinities with central Alaskan terranes (Farewell and Livengood) and Eurasia, p. 105-116.
- Oliver, D.H., and Dusel-Bacon, Cynthia, 2003, Kirkospira, a new Silurian Gastropod from Glacier Bay, Southeastern Alaska, p. 117-126.
- Stottlemyer, Robert, Rhodes, Charles, and Steltzer, Heidi, 2003, Soil temperature, moisture, and carbon and nitrogen mineralization at a Taiga-Tundra Ecotone, Noatak National Preserve, northwestern Alaska, p. 127-138.
- Harden, J.W., Meier, Rose, Silapaswan, Cherie, Swanson, D.K., and McGuire, A.D., 2003, Soil drainage and its potential for influencing wildfires in Alaska, p. 139-144.
- Manies, K.L., Harden, J.W., Yoshikawa, Kenji, and Randerson, Jim, 2003, The effect of soil drainage on fire and carbon cycling in central Alaska, p. 145-152.
- Hildreth, Wes, Fierstein, Judy, Lanphere, M.A., and Siems, D.F., 2003, Trident Volcano: Four contiguous stratocones adjacent to Katmai Pass, Alaska Peninsula, p. 153-180.
- Waythomas, C.F., Miller, T.P., and Nye, C.J., 2003, Geology and Late Quaternary eruptive history of Kanaga Volcano, a calc-alkaline stratovolcano in the western Aleutian Islands, Alaska, p. 181-198.