Ground and/or surface water contamination resulting from substances lacking an elemental combination of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. In the context of geologic hazards, examples could include: salt, iron, calcium salts, metals and other mineral materials.
Below is a list of publications related to Inorganic Contamination. Select a publication number to access more detailed information and their respective files available for download.
- OF 78-1034
- Johnson, Paula, Wilcox, D.E., Morgan, W.D., Merto, Josephine, and McFadden, Ruth, 1978, Arsenic, nitrate, iron, and hardness in ground water, Fairbanks area, Alaska: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 78-1034, 2 sheets, scale 1:24,000.
- OF 80-49
- Krumhardt, A.P., 1980, Arsenic, nitrate, iron, and hardness in ground water, Chena Ridge vicinity, Fairbanks, Alaska: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 80-49, 1 sheet, scale 1:24,000.
- OF 82-356
- Krumhardt, A.P., 1982, Arsenic, nitrate, iron, and hardness in ground water, Chena Hot Springs Road, Steele Creek Road, and Gilmore Trail areas, (T. 1 N., R. 1 E., FM) Fairbanks, Alaska: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 82-356, 2 sheets.
- OF 85-341
- Hopkins, G.C., 1985, Arsenic, nitrate, iron, and hardness, in ground water, Goldstream Road, Yankovich Road, and Murphy Dome Road areas, (T.1 N, R.2 W, FM), Fairbanks, Alaska: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 85-341, 2 sheets, scale 1:63,360.
- OF 87-712
- Madison, R.J., McElhone, T.J., and Zenone, Chester, 1987, Alaska ground-water quality: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 87-712, 8 p.
- OF 96-466
- Glass, R.L., 1996, Ground-water conditions and quality in the western part of the Kenai Peninsula, south-central Alaska: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 96-466, 66 p.
- OF 98-198
- McCarthy, K.A., Lilly, M.R., Braddock, J.F., and Hinzman, L.D., 1998, Natural attenuation of chlorinated-hydrocarbon contamination at Fort Wainwright, Alaska; a hydrogeochemical and microbiological investigation work plan: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 98-198, 49 p.
- OF 2002-90
- Mueller, S.H., Goldfarb, R.J., Farmer, G.L., Sanzolone, R.F., Adams, M., Theodorakos, P.M., Richmond, S.A., and McCleskey, R.B., 2002, Trace, minor and major element data for ground water near Fairbanks, Alaska, 1999-2000: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2002-90, 12 p.
- OF 2003-244
- Verplanck, P.L., Mueller, S.H., Youcha, E.K., Goldfarb, R.J., Sanzolone, R.F., McCleskey, R.B., Briggs, P.H., Roller, M., Adams, M., and Nordstrom, D.K., 2003, Chemical analyses of ground and surface waters, Ester Dome, central Alaska, 2000-2001: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2003-244, 40 p.
- P 1614
- Parnow, C.C., Goldfarb, R.J., Kelley, K.D., and York, G.S., 1999, Metal cycling along the northwestern Seward Peninsula, Alaska; a possible natural cause of metal contamination in the Arctic, in Kelley, K.D., ed., Geologic studies in Alaska by the U. S. Geological Survey, 1997: U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 1614, p. 123-137.
- P 1615
- Farmer, G.L., Goldfarb, R.J., Lilly, M.R., Bolton, Bob, Meier, A.L., and Sanzolone, R.F., 2000, The chemical characteristics of ground water near Fairbanks, Alaska, in Kelley, K.D. and Gough, L.P., ed., Geologic studies in Alaska by the U. S. Geological Survey, 1998: U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 1615, p. 167-178.
- PDF 95-21
- Vohden, Jim, 1995, Summary of inorganic water quality sampling in the Fairbanks railroad industrial area, Fairbanks, Alaska: 1994-1995: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Public Data File 95-21, 9 p.
- RI 2011-6
- Schaefer, J.R., Scott, W.E., Evans, W.C., Wang, Bronwen, and McGimsey, R.G., 2011, Summit crater lake observations, and the location, chemistry, and pH of water samples near Mount Chiginagak volcano, Alaska: 2004-2011: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Report of Investigation 2011-6, 25 p., 1 DVD.