Welcome to the Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Our mission: Determine the potential of Alaskan land for production of metals, minerals, fuels, and geothermal resources, the locations and supplies of groundwater and construction material, and the potential geologic hazards to buildings, roads, bridges, and other installations and structures (AS 41.08.020).
- New release! Paleoseismic and LiDAR investigations along the Cathedral Rapids and Dot "T" Johnson faults, interior Alaska - RI 2013-4
- New release! Southern Dishna River, Fox Hills, and Beaver Creek survey areas: Airborne Magnetic and electromagnetic data in line (point), grid, vector, and map formats, Iditarod, Ophir, and Holy Cross quadrangles, western Alaska - GPR 2013-1
- New release! Alaska's mineral industry, 2012 - SR 68
- New release! Tsunami inundation maps of Sitka, Alaska - RI 2013-3
- New release! Geologic mapping in the Styx River area, Lime Hills C-1 Quadrangle, western Alaska Range (presentation): Alaska Miners Association Annual Convention, Anchorage, Alaska, November 4-10, 2013 - Sicard, K.R. and others, 2013
- New release! DGGS geologic and mineral-resource assessment of the western Wrangellia terrane, central Alaska: Initial progress report (presentation): Alaska Miners Association Annual Convention, Anchorage, Alaska, November 4-10, 2013 - Twelker, Evan and others, 2013
- New release! Rare-earth-element (REE) potential in the Ray Mountains area, central Alaska (poster): Alaska Miners Association Annual Convention, November 4-10, 2013 - Tuzzolino, A.L. and others, 2013
- New release! Dalzell Creek survey area: Airborne magnetic, electromagnetic, and radiometric data in line (point), grid, vector, and map formats, McGrath Quadrangle, southcentral Alaska - GPR 2013-3. Learn more (DNR Media release)...