Welcome to the Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Our mission: Determine the potential of Alaskan land for production of metals, minerals, fuels, and geothermal resources, the locations and supplies of groundwater and construction material, and the potential geologic hazards to buildings, roads, bridges, and other installations and structures (AS 41.08.020).
- DGGS is soliciting qualified vendors to acquire and process airborne geophysical data over parts of selected mining districts in southcentral and interior Alaska. The Request for Proposals (RFP) is posted on the State's Online Public Notice site.
- New release! Surficial-geologic map of the Livengood area, Central Alaska - RI 2013-2
- New release! Using WorldView-2 multispectral bands for shallow water bathymetric survey near Wales, Alaska (poster): American Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing Annual Meeting, Baltimore, Maryland, March 24-28, 2013 - Smith, J.R. and others, 2013
- New release! Mercury injection capillary pressure results from outcrop samples in the Indecision Creek Member of the Naknek Formation and the Kaguyak Formation type section - RDF 2013-1
- New release! Oil-stained sandstones of the Upper Jurassic Naknek Formation and Upper Cretaceous Kaguyak Formation, Kamishak Bay area, lower Cook Inlet, Alaska (poster): AAPG Pacific Section Meeting, Monterey, CA, April 23, 2013 - Herriott, T.M. and others, 2013
- New release! Total organic carbon and rock-eval pyrolysis of core and core chips from the OCS Y-0280 Anteres #1, Badami #1, Fiord #1, and W Kuparuk St. #3-11-11 wells - GMC 416